Alberta 5 Pin Bowlers Association
Ph: (403) 320-2695 – Fax: (403) 320-2676 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
432 – 14th Street South – LETHBRIDGE, AB T1J 2X7
February 22, 2021
The Executive and the Board of Directors of the Alberta 5 Pin Bowlers’ Association held our February meeting on Feb 20th.
There was considerable discussion and dialogue as we had to decide how to figure out the remaining 2020/2021 season with the restructuring and cancellations of the National Events.
For the 2020/2021 season, we have made the following changes to our schedule for Provincial events:
- Inter-Provincials: Cancelled
- Open: Cancelled
- Adult High Low Doubles: Cancelled
- The 2020/2021 League Executive will be combined with the 2021/2022 League Executive.
We, the board, have regrettably, decided to cancel the events to follow suit on the C5PBA cancelling their National events.
However, we feel all is not lost, we are committed to come up with alterative plans to host other events to replace them.
We have already created a “Drop in POA Singles & Doubles Event” that will replace the Inter-Provincials & Adult High Low Doubles. These Events are ready to go once the Provincial COVID restrictions are lifted.
The Drop in Events will have some new features we are excited to share:
- Bowlers can sign up on the brand new A5 Website.
- Bowlers can obtain their A5 membership and submit their fees directly to the A5PBA office.
- Bowlers can e-transfer their Prize Money directly to the A5PBA office.
- Bowlers can send scores directly to the A5PBA office.
- The A5BPA will create a live leaderboard and update it regularly for the Drop in Events.
Due to a lack of participation, this year’s League Executive Draw will be combined with next year’s draw. If your name was put in this year, you will be eligible to have a second name in the draw for next year.
We are still committed to running the Youth Challenge. The C5PBA is committed to conducting a Virtual Nationals this year. The A5PBA is in discussions on how we can creatively run a Provincial event, but it will be dependent once again on Provincial COVID restrictions.
- Memberships: If you have purchased a 2020/21 Membership, we are honoring the Membership for the 2021/22 season as well. We are going to be carrying this year’s membership over to next.
We want to thank you, our Proprietors, for our working relationship and continued support. We also thank you the bowlers, the coaches, all the volunteers, for all for your patience, throughout this past year. We must help support our local centers the best we can when they open. We are hoping to see you all on the lanes sooner than later, but until then, stay safe and take care!
Finally, I want to personally thank Pat O’Callaghan for all his hard work on the A5 website. He has helped build the “Wall of Fame” to preserve Alberta bowling history. We are still looking for tons of history for it, and if we are missing something you have, please forward it along!
On behalf of the Alberta 5 Pin Bowlers’ Association,