Coaches and managers are required for some events. To be considered you must be at least
- A 5 Pin member in good standing.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Coaches must be trained as shown in Coaching Opportunities below.
- Managers do not require prior training to be considered
if you meet those requirements, then please see the opportunities below.
Coaches are always required for provincial and national events.
The following are requirements for coaching
|Youth Challenge||Competition Coach certified |
or Old Level 2 with Competition Coach upgrade
|Open Championship||Competition Coach certified |
Old Certified Level 2 with Competition Coach upgrade
|Interprovincial||Community Sports Initiation |
Old Full level 1 (including MED)*
If you are qualified, then please submit the resume before the event you are interested in, so that bowlers may make informed decisions when choosing their coaches.
Managing a Team
Anyone interested in serving as a team manager for the Open or Youth Challenge events you may submit thisresume
Notes regarding clinics
- Coaching Clinics are normally held in the August to November time periods.
- A minimum number of participants are required.
- For more details or to schedule a clinic in Central Alberta, contact Brian Sudbury Technical Director, Master Bowlers Association of Alberta,
- You must be 16 years of age to take these courses.
- All courses are part of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), designed to train and produce quality coaches for over 60 different sports
Coaching Tips and Techniques
Make Yourself a better coach